how to hide a IP Address

Discuss anything related to networking here.

how to hide a IP Address

Postby mckey » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:58 am

Anyone know how to hide a IP Address when using mIRC? I don't like how the IP is displayed when you do a whois. i know you can do //mode $me +x but that only works on networks on the mIRC that allows it. I've also looked at maybe tunneling thru a SSH but not sure if thats possible or what. I have never done any SSH or Tunneling before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.
mckey

Home page

Re: how to hide a IP Address

Postby AsiaMan » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:02 am

The most commonly used for hiding your IP address is by using a proxy server.
AsiaMan

Postby randiv » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:37 am

I also want to know about it, Nice topic.
randiv
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby martinluth123 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:04 am

There are thousands of free web proxy servers that you can use to hide your IP address and surf anonymously. Browsing through a proxy means that you are not accessing a website directly, but going through a intermediate "proxy" which relays the information back and forth between you and the destination website.
Conceal your IP address with a VPN
Virtual Private Network (VPN) offers a connectivity to another network, and when connected your computer receives a new IP address from a VPN provider. Every traffic from your computer routes through the VPN network, so your true IP address assigned by your ISP is hidden. Aside from hiding your IP address, using VPN allows you to access any network even though your network may be geo-restricted. They help you get on the Internet with a different IP address than the one provided by your ISP. Check for The board requires you to be registered and logged in to view links.
martinluth123

Facebook

Return to Networking Discussion