What is a 3D printer?

A place to discuss problems with any printer type. Epson, Canon, HP, Lexmark and ink cartridges etc... are all catered for here.

What is a 3D printer?

Postby endlesslove » Tue May 07, 2013 2:48 pm

There are a variety of very different types of 3D printing technologies, but they all share one core thing in common: they create a three dimensional object creating it layer by successive layer, until the entire object is complete.

Each of these layers is a thinly sliced, horizontal cross-section of the eventual object. Imagine a multi-layer cake, with the baker laying down each layer one at a time until the entire cake is formed. 3D printing is similar, but just a bit more precise than 3D baking.
How does 3D printing work?

3D Printing or Modeling takes digital input from three-dimensional data and creates solid, three-dimensional parts through an additive, layer-by-layer process. Easy to use, affordably priced and compact for the office, 3D Printing or Modeling is used extensively by designers, engineers and hobbyists for concept development and product design to accelerate the design process and reduce the time to market. Using the same process our customers are also creating actual end-use parts and objects such as fittings, crafts, jewelry and many others.
The Future of 3D Printing

This is a disruptive technology of mammoth proportions, with effects on energy use, waste, customization, product availability, art, medicine, construction, the sciences and of course manufacturing. It will change the world as we know it. Before you know it.
endlesslove
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Home page

Re: What is a 3D printer?

Postby joethomass89 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:15 am

Hi this one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job..//waivestar.com.au/
joethomass89

Facebook

Return to Printer